As the local representative of the UWC Schools, UWC Jamaica is responsible for the administration and annual selection of students for admission to the colleges.
Each year the National Committee receives scholarships for Jamaican students at several of the UWC Schools. Applicants apply to the program as a whole and based on a number of factors will be placed at respective colleges. The scholarships vary and are awarded to qualified candidates who on a needs basis.
This 2 year international academic programme provides a great alternative to sixth form and allows students the opportunity to learn in an international, multicultural environment. Graduates receive the International Baccalaureate Diploma. Applicants must be between the ages of 16 and 18 years old at time of entry.
To be eligible to apply you must meet the following criteria:
- Jamaican national or resident;
- Be between 16 and 18 years old in September 2017 at time of entry
- Be at least of CXC CSEC standard, i.e. fifth, or lower sixth form;
- Have an academic record which predicts success in the academic rigours of the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma; Minimum 80% average. If in lower sixth form, the majority of your CSEC grades must be a 1
- Have a strong history of co-curricular involvement and community service; and
- Be mature enough to respond to the challenges inherent in living and studying abroad