Skip to content ↓


When is the deadline for applications?

  • The deadline for applications varies from one country to another. Please contact your national committee directly for accurate information.

Is there an age limit for applications?

  • Several of our schools and colleges have strict age restrictions since all students share the same campus.
  • Age restrictions also vary from country to country. Most of our national committees require students to be between the ages of 16 and 17 when they arrive to the colleges, but some accept applications from younger and older candidates.
  • You need to contact your UWC national committee to confirm the age limits in your country.
  • Simón Bolívar  UWC of Agriculture offers a tertiary level diploma in farming administration – this means that candidates to this college are already secondary high school graduates, usually aged 18 and 19 years old when they start at the college.

I am not fluent in English, does this matter?

  • No. Do not be discouraged from applying to UWC because of a lack of fluency in English. It is not a requirement to apply, but it can be one of the factors evaluated during selection.
  • All teaching is done in English

Can you help me with a scholarship for further education (university etc)?

  • UWC does not offer scholarships for university or further tertiary education.

Where does the funding for UWC come from and how are the scholarships for UWC students paid for?

  • The scholarships are provided either by the colleges or by the national committees through their own localised fundraising.
  • Donors to UWC include philanthropists, private companies, governments and alumni.

Can I attend UWC for only one year or transfer into a UWC from another IB school for my last year?

  • No. At our pre-university colleges, the UWC experience is two years long. There are no opportunities for transfer into or between the schools/colleges

I have dual nationality. Which  national committee should I  apply through?

  • You are only able to apply to UWC through one national committee, regardless of the numbers of nationalities you have.
  • Your first point of contact should be the national committee in the country you reside in, since virtually all selection processes will require you to attend personally.
  • If this national committee is unable to accept your application, please contact the Committee in the other country that you hold a passport for.
  • If neither national committee is able to accept your application, please contact UWC International Office for more information and guidance.

I am a citizen/national of a country I no longer live in, and reside in a country I am not a citizen of. What national committee should I contact if I want to apply to UWC? 

  • First you should contact the national committee in the country where you live and ask if they accept applications from non-nationals.
  • If the national committee tells you it is unable to consider your application because you are not a national/citizen, contact the national committee of the country where you are a national/citizen.
  • If neither national committee is able to accept your application, please contact the UWC International Office  for more information and guidance.
  • Please ensure that you provide sufficient time to make these enquiries in order to avoid missing an application deadline.